Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kindergarten Field Trip

The Zoo

Today was fun! It was Kindergarten's Annual field trip to our local zoo and nature center. The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo and the Alabama Gulf State Park Nature Center are located in our back yard, so to speak. The zoo is smaller in nature and allows children the opportunity to explore the zoo at their own pace and not be overwhelmed. One of our favorite parts is the hands-on Animal Encounters and Daily Educational Exhibit. Did I also mention you will find beautiful peacocks, ducks and rabbits roaming free? It's fabulous! While the Zoo offers an exploration of exotic animals, the Nature Center allows a deeper understanding of our native animals and vegetation around Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. The children were allowed an up-close view of these animals: a Bearded Dragon, Macaw, Ferret, Rainbow Boa, Serval, Red Rat Snake, American Alligator, and an Owl. Needless to say, the kids had a blast!

Beautiful Peacock


Lazy day for the Lions
Serval Cat Interaction

Cheers


After the field trip, it's back to work for me. I enjoyed a wonderfully relaxed conversation with a follower of our Facebook page. She stopped in (for the 1st time) to view our store and ended up staying for a while and savoring a cup of coffee. 

History Lesson - As Dwayne and I envisioned the cafe area for the store, we wanted a relaxed atmosphere that promotes good conversation. So we set up a beverage station, Kuerig and comfy bar stools, surrounded by Antique Cypress, Reclaimed Shutters and a Barn Door salvaged from a dairy farm. Please come by anytime you are in the area - we want to get to know you!

Before
After 
View from the Front Door

To my surprise this evening, I walk into the back workshop and I was taken back by the beautiful bed Dwayne and the guys made today. It is a King Size bed comprised of our Salvaged Shutters. This particular bed was designed by one of our customers, but I may have to have one myself. Love it!! I'm so excited to show y'all so I'll post a few pics later;)


No comments:

Post a Comment